AT&T arrogance

Cheshire Chuqui chuqui at nsc.UUCP
Mon Dec 3 06:00:03 AEST 1984

I have real problems with a company that can consistently send its
marketing people to conferences to do product announcements, get
consistently yelled at, booed at, hissed at, and almost literally thrown
off the stage, and not seem to realize that their customers don't like what
they are doing. Everything that AT&T does seems directly against the basic
marketing precepts of giving their customers what they want (at a fair
price). This is one of the real reasons why I tend to shy away from system
V as strongly as I do-- it isn't technical (although I DO prefer the BSD
releases) it is simply that dealing with AT&T disgusts me. I'd rather play
with an IBM-- their technical stuff isn't the best, but they DO know how to
deal with their customers.

chuq (they don't care, they don't have to-- they used to be the phone company)
--
>From the center of a Plaid pentagram:		Chuq Von Rospach
{cbosgd,decwrl,fortune,hplabs,ihnp4,seismo}!nsc!chuqui  nsc!chuqui at decwrl.ARPA

  ~But you know, monsieur, that as long as she wears the claw of the dragon
  upon her breast you can do nothing-- her soul belongs to me!~