sendmail problem

gertjan at txsil.UUCP gertjan at txsil.UUCP
Thu Dec 20 14:32:00 AEST 1984

After searching numerious hours I decided to show my weakness and to ask
help for my following bug:

in sendmail I get currently the message after every mail to another user:

	Cannot open /dev/console: Bad filenumber

	I am totally confused because this seemed to be caused by
	the functioncall: fopen(e->e_df, "r") in `putbody()'
	my sendmail tries to open /dev/console for reading but why???

	It may be caused by /bin/mail because I have Mlocal to /bin/mail
	in /usr/lib/sendmail.cf

	biff y does not work anymore

This problem occured after shuffeling with the hostname/uucpname.

Anybody familiar with this problem?

				: gertjan vinkesteyn, SIL DALLAS
	..{allegra,ctvax,ihnp4,rice,uiucds,unmvax}!convex!smu!txsil!gertjan