UNIX and real-time and when is UNIX

Frederick M. Avolio avolio at grendel.UUCP
Sat Dec 1 23:06:14 AEST 1984

> >Wrong, PC/IX is System III hacked into an even less usable form by
> >Inactive Systems Corp of Santa Monica.
>
> 	The author of this statement has clearly never seen or used
> 	PC/IX, or if he has, is one of those types who has serious
> 	troubles objectively evaluating a product.  While he is correct
> 	in his assertion that PC/IX is based on System III code, it is
> 	inconceivable that PC/IX can be called less usable, either in the
>       code or in the documentation, than System III.  ...

As one who had used the IBM PC XT running PC/IX for almost a year (in a
previous job) I must say I agree with the writer from INTERACTIVE. PC/IX
is a very nice port and a very nice UN*X system.  (It's no *ULTRIX*, but
it's nice... :-) )

I don't know where the write of the original comments is coming from,
but I don't agree with him/her.

--
Fred Avolio, DEC -- U{LTR,N}IX Support
301/731-4100 x4227