System N history correction

BALDWIN mike at whuxl.UUCP
Thu Dec 20 05:46:21 AEST 1984

> >Last I heard, IWB is (a) separate, (b) extra cost, and (c) binary-only.
>
> Yeah, and in addition only is distributed for the VAX.

Last *I* heard (a few minutes ago from AT&T UNIX #: (800) 828-UNIX), you
*can* get source (you can also write new templates), and is distributed for
all 3B's and all Vaxes.  And what's the problem with separate and extra
cost?  That's the way you sell operating systems; everybody does that.
It doesn't make sense to sell one monolithic system.  In SVR2, even the
text processing tools are separate.  So what?
							Michael Baldwin