What is this panic?

jim at haring.UUCP jim at haring.UUCP
Sun Dec 2 11:56:24 AEST 1984

There are rumoured to be problems with the Rev7 upgrade for 750's.
Since we had it done, one of our machines runs like a dream, no
tbuf panics, nothing. The other, which used to run without a crash
between maintenances, now crashes every now and then with a 'wtimo'
panic (write timout to memory). The first machine has all DEC memory,
the second has 1M DEC, 3M National Semiconductor. Like Gene's machine,
it seems to die under heavy load.

Does anyone know what the junk pushed on the stack with a write-timeout
error means? Is it any use in finding which memory board was in error?

Jim McKie    Centrum voor Wiskunde en Informatica, Amsterdam    mcvax!jim