Csh confusion: #define HZ 100?

Robert Viduya robert at gitpyr.UUCP
Sat Dec 1 15:04:26 AEST 1984

><
>
> But why #define HZ 100 ended up in csh is a mystery to me.

On a wild guess, I would think it may have something to do with csh's
capability of checking your mailbox every so often.  I can see where there
might be a speed increase if it kept a rough track of the time itself instead
of issuing time(2) requests all the time.

				robert

--
Robert Viduya
Office of Computing Services

...!{akgua,allegra,amd,hplabs,ihnp4,masscomp,ut-ngp}!gatech!gitpyr!robert
...!{rlgvax,sb1,uf-cgrl,unmvax,ut-sally}!gatech!gitpyr!robert