pr_ctloutput() format in 4.2 BSD

sylvain at lvbull.uucp sylvain at lvbull.uucp
Wed Dec 12 10:03:32 AEST 1984

<*** Crunch, Crunch ***>

Does anyone has an idea of arguments passed in protocols ctloutput routines?
In the Berkeley Networking Implementation Notes (Leffler, Joy, Fabry 83/07)
and in standard 4.2BSD system, this kind of routine is not used by any
protocol.
I've been thinking about using this kind of routine in an ISO Transport
implementation under 4.2 BSD, but I would like to have some more informations
about it first.
What I think I will use is something like:
	(int) (*protosw[].pr_ctloutput)(req, pr_pcb, m, addr);

		int req;
		struct "protocol-control-block" *pr_pcb;
		struct mbuf *m;
		caddr_t	addr;

( The important thing is having variable number of arguments ! )
But this is only a proposal. I would like to stay compatible with what they
do at Berkeley. Could anyone tell me what's going on with it?
If somebody uses these routines in some protocol implementation, I would
greatly appreciate some information on this subject.

As we (very) often loose news articles when receiving, duplicated mails
are welcome.
Thanks for the help!