UNIX trademark registration

ron%BRL-TGR at tgr.UUCP ron%BRL-TGR at tgr.UUCP
Sat Dec 8 19:32:36 AEST 1984

Yes, and I know of only to Non-AT&T based UNIX-likes around.  One is
Idris from Whitesmiths which had everything except ptrace, but I don't
think the demand is that high (it was done back when Binary licenses and
OEM sublicenses did not exist) anymore.  The other is GNU by Robert
Stallman (programmer to the people) which he is attempting to do so that
computer users of the world can be free of AT&T's capitalistic tyranny.

-Ron

The opinions expressed here are not necessarily those of Denelcor.