DEC FCO 11/750 #0007

Douglas Robinson dbr at cybvax0.UUCP
Sat Dec 1 02:27:11 AEST 1984

We have just been upgraded to DEC Field Change Order #0007.  I doing so
the Field Service Tech told me that this should include an upgrade in
microcode store to a new version (they now have modifiable microcode store
instead of ROM based) but that the new version causes 4.2BSD to get ill.
We therefore did NOT upgrade the microcode (just everything else).  Does
anyone out there know why this upgrade causes 4.2BSD to get ill???  Is there
a known fix that someone could mail me a 'diff -c' of???

While we're on the subject, all of you out there with 11/750's (and probably
11/780's as well) are going to WANT these fixes if you have UDA50's!!!!
I can't tell you exactly why since the Field Tech wouldn't let me have a
copy of the FCO, but he did tell me that it corrects MANY problems associated
with the UNIBUS and UDA50's!!!  Appropriate #s are:

	EQ-01201-01
	EQ-01201-04
	EQ-01201-05

and if you have a second DW (2nd UNIBUS ADAPTER):

	EQ-1280-01

and if you have a FPA:

	EQ-1280-01

I have included these numbers for those of you who are NOT under field
service contract - those of you who are will get these fixes automatically.
You'll *LOVE* this FCO - they swapped almost every board in our backplane!!!

Waiting to hear about the microcode store upgrade/problem/fix:
--
Doug Robinson		Jobs don't kill programmers... programmers kill jobs!
Cybermation, Inc.	617/492-8810

...!{mit-eddie, harvard, mirror}!cybvax0!dbr