public domain?

Chris Torek chris at umcp-cs.UUCP
Thu Dec 27 16:38:15 AEST 1984

> . any program written in yacc is proprietary, because the algorithms
>   output by yacc are proprietary.

I have heard the claim (and it makes sense to me) that SOURCE code put
out by yacc is proprietary, since it contains /usr/lib/yaccpar.  I've
never heard it claimed (but wouldn't be TOO surprised at ANYTHING AT&T
does) that object code produced with the aid of yacc is proprietary.
--
(This line accidently left nonblank.)

In-Real-Life: Chris Torek, Univ of MD Comp Sci Dept (301) 454-7690
CSNet:	chris at umcp-cs		ARPA:	chris at maryland