horror stories

milazzo%rice at sri-unix.UUCP milazzo%rice at sri-unix.UUCP
Tue Feb 21 15:29:39 AEST 1984

From:  Paul Milazzo <milazzo at rice>

    From: Ed_Hall <edhall at rand-unix>

    "Anyone ever think of swapping user processes to the CRT screen (in
    hex or octal, of course), and requiring the user to type them back
    in at the proper time?                      :-)"

Well, if you type "RUN TT:" to VMS, it calmly waits for you to type in
a VMS executable image at your terminal.  I've never managed to type
one that it liked, but if I did, VMS likes to page the executable
against the file it came from, so...

				Paul G. Milazzo <milazzo at rice>
				Dept. of Mathematical Sciences
				Rice University, Houston, TX