CAD software

stehle.tsca%sri-tsca at sri-unix.UUCP stehle.tsca%sri-tsca at sri-unix.UUCP
Sat Feb 25 11:59:00 AEST 1984

We are actively looking for a CAD system that will assist us in doing
electronic circuit design and documentation.

We need all or part of the following CAD:
  Schematic capture, editing, & plotting
  Printed Circuit design (including auto place & route)
  VLSI circuit design
  Wire list generation
  Timing simulation
  Mechanical Drafting
  Color VUgraph generation with text and graphs.

We are looking for anything that might be available, whether free or for sale.

Since we have several systems running UNIX, it is the preferred operating
system for the software.  However, if you know of a system or software
package unique to some specific hardware, I would appreciate hearing your
comments.

I have seen the May 83 list of VLSI tools generated by Willie Lim.

I am not on this bboard, so I would appreciate it if replies would be sent
directly to me.  I will compile any responses received and submit them to
the bboard.

Thanks,

Roy Stehle
SRI International