Help needed with DMF32 driver

Peter Sykes pete at edcaad.UUCP
Sat Feb 18 05:07:40 AEST 1984

Subject: help needed on DMF32 driver
Newsgroups: net.wanted net.unix_wizards

Subject: Help needed for DMF32 driver
Newsgroups: net.unix_wizards

We have just had a dmf32 installed and after a
couple of cabling problems (Diagram in the installation
guide is wrong. Use the users guide) it seems to work.
The problem ocurs when we use our version of graphics
prolog on a terminal connected to the dmf. A protection
fault occurs and the system reboots. The pc given comes from
the ttselect routine, where (I think) a pointer to the
parent process is put into the tty structure. Graphics
prolog uses multiplexed files and is (so far) the only
program to have done this. The same program running through
DZ11 is OK.

 Has anyone got any idea what is happening. Rather unhelpfully
the system omits to dump itself into /a/crash so I can't
get any more info than

	Trap type 9 code = e0 pc=8000e035

We are running 4.1c bsd on a vax750
Thanks in advance