SI 4.2 drivers availible

mike%brl-vgr at sri-unix.UUCP mike%brl-vgr at sri-unix.UUCP
Fri Feb 17 01:08:29 AEST 1984

From:      Mike Muuss <mike at brl-vgr>

Rich -

Your STC SI tape drive should look just like a DEC drive.
No special driver needed.  (At least for 4.1c and 4.2).

I can give you the SI-provided 4.1 driver which does ECC &
bad-block forwarding.

I offer a 4.2 driver which understands the differences between
DEC, Emulex, and SI interfaces, and knows how to apply the
SI-specific Bad-block forwarding fixes.  (This is NOT in 4.2
driver as distributed).  I can also provide a set of programs
which permit formatting disks, and "packinit" (bad-block sweeping)
packs under UNIX, using this driver.  Driver changes were minimal.
O(30) lines.  All the hard work was provided by Brian Redman, who
analyzed the differences between the SI and DEC interfaces.

Best,
 -Mike