UNIX on 22-bit Q-bus systems

dave%ucla-locus at ucla-cime.UUCP dave%ucla-locus at ucla-cime.UUCP
Fri Feb 24 11:07:00 AEST 1984

From:  Dave Truesdell <cepu!ucla-cime!dave at ucla-locus>

	I am attemptng to bring up 2.9bsd on a 11/23, with a EMULEX SC02/C
controller that has the 22-bit controller option.  Has anyone out there brought
up any version of UNIX, with this type of controller.  The stand-alone mkfs/
restor/icheck's work, however, when I attempt to boot the kernel, the system
hangs.  No banner, no memory check, nothing.  The only idea that I can come up
with is, the standalone driver (hk.c) is not working properly.  Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Dave Truesdell, UCLA Crump Institute for Medical Engineering
UUCP: {{ihnp4,uiucdcs}!bradley,hao,trwrb,ucbvax!ucla-s}!cepu!ucla-cime!dave
ARPA: cepu!ucla-cime!dave at ucla-locus.ARPA

PS  I have 2.9 up on a 11/34, so I am fairly sure the kernel I configured
	for the '23 is not at fault. (the kernel's on the distribution
	failed also.)