Help needed with uux and uucp through two machines

jeff at heurikon.UUCP jeff at heurikon.UUCP
Mon Feb 27 09:06:07 AEST 1984

You can send mail from via one OR MORE machines, as in:
	mail macha!machb!person

However, you cannot, it seems, do similar things with uucp and uux, as in:
	uucp file macha!machb!/dir/file
	uux "macha!machb!uux command"

	.----.    .---------.     .--------.    .--------.
	| Me |----| my host |-----| mach a |----| mach b |
						Target machine

I've tried many forms of the commands, with " ' and \ characters
all over the place.  In all cases, uucp and uux always strip off
the name of the second machine, leaving just garbage.

Is this a limitation, or am I missing the obvious?
--
/"""\	Jeffrey Mattox, Heurikon Corp, Madison, WI
|O.O|	{harpo, hao, philabs}!seismo!uwvax!heurikon!jeff  (news & mail)
\_=_/				     ihnp4!heurikon!jeff  (mail - fast)