HELP needed on S5 man macros/laser printer - cut marks

Geoff Kuenning geoff at proper.UUCP
Wed Feb 8 14:00:27 AEST 1984

We have a Symbolics laser printer at our company, and some software that
pretends to make it look like the famous c/a/t phototypesetter.  Unfortunately,
the laser printer uses 8-1/2 by 11 paper, while the phototypesetter uses
paper from a roll.  The -ms and -mm macros (and also the V7 -man macros)
work fine with our simulation software, but the -man macros in S5 try to
produce cut marks between each page, which royally confuses the poor old
laser printer.  I have found the place in the -man macros where the cut marks
are produced, but all of my attempts at curing the problem have failed
miserably.  I have tried removing the macro that produces the cut marks
and removing the trap that invokes that macro--neither worked.  Does anyone
have a fix for this problem?