Automatic Paging/"More"ing

gwyn%brl-vld at sri-unix.UUCP gwyn%brl-vld at sri-unix.UUCP
Thu Feb 23 07:45:20 AEST 1984

From:      Doug Gwyn (VLD/VMB) <gwyn at brl-vld>

I agree that whether terminal paging belongs in the driver has an
analogue in the question whether forms control belongs in a line
printer driver.  However, I would say NO to both.  It is the job of
the device driver to SIMPLY and DIRECTLY control the resource, not
to try to "help" me when I may not want or need to be helped.  How
many of us have been bitten by line printer drivers that performed
automatic "detabbing" because they "knew" that we would need it,
when we tried to output raster files to a dot printer/plotter?