Teletype 5620 terminals and BSD

eric at aplvax.UUCP eric at aplvax.UUCP
Sat Feb 4 05:58:31 AEST 1984

	We are currently waiting for the delivery of a couple of
Teletype 5620 (Blit) terminals. They actually were supposed to
arrive last Monday, but that is another issue. It now seems
fairly certain that Bell is only going to release object versions
of the 5620 software, only System V will be supported. We, on the
other hand, run 4.1 BSD (and variants thereof). Thus, we are left in the
lurch (we were told that source would be available). Has anyone
out there done any work in connecting 5620s to 4.?, and willing
to share their experiences (or results?). Does the terminal come
with enough documentation to attempt it ourselves? Have we just
bought two very expensive, ordinary terminals? I am interested in
hearing about other users of the 5620.

--
					eric
					...!seismo!umcp-cs!aplvax!eric