Looking for the V6 source/doc

ianj at mh3bc1.UUCP ianj at mh3bc1.UUCP
Tue Feb 14 08:17:31 AEST 1984

  Lyons published the V6 source and walk-thru in Austraila.  The then-called
  Western Electric found out about it and had US publication blocked by some
  copyright rule, I think.  I read them as part of a UNIX internals course, but
  distribution was restricted to Bell Laboratories.

The above is only partially true.
The Lyon's stuff is available to UNIX licencee's
thru the ATT Bell Labs Computing Information Librarian
at Murray Hill, all you need is 'proof of source licence'.
My understanding (I was at UNSW with Lyons then) was that
since ATT was protecting UNIX as a Trade-Secret, that not
stopping Lyons would have amounted to not protecting via
a Trade-secret !!