Problems with 2nd UBA on VAX 780 under 4.2BSD

kridle at unisoft.UUCP kridle at unisoft.UUCP
Wed Feb 15 09:14:16 AEST 1984

Mills College is experiencing problems accessing an Emulex
SC-21 Disk Controller when it is located on the second UNIBUS
Adaptor on their new VAX 11/780. Although the autoconfig code
finds the controller and drive (when system is booted from
another drive on first UBA) it cannot be accessed. All bootstrap
code (standalone system) hands when up(8,0) is accessed.

The SC21 and drive work fine when located on first UBA.

Is there anyone out these with a 780 with two Unibus Adaptors
running 4.2 I can compare notes with? We may well have a cockpit
problem, but I havn't been able to find it by talking with them.

Any pointers appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob Kridle
ucbvax!mtxinu!kridle