SI controller driver

Ken Shoemaker kds at intelca.UUCP
Sat Feb 4 09:36:10 AEST 1984

We have two VAXes sharing an SI 9920-51 disk subsystem with
4 414Mb add-on winchesters.  Each VAX has an RH780 SBI adaptor
to let it talk to the disk system.  In addition, each VAX has a
dedicated RP07 drive.  The catch right now is both VAXes are running
VMS, and I am trying to check the feasibility of making one of
them a Unix machine.  Does anyone out there have a driver for 4.n BSD
for this disk subsystem thingy, and does anyone know if there will
be any difficulties running VMS to two of the disks and Unix to
two of the disks, if none of the disks are going to be shared?  I
would think that if VMS could support it, a certain area of a disk
could be addressed as a device (i.e., without a filesystem) that could
allow the two machines to talk back and forth at high speed (or am
I smoking dope?)  Anyway, anyone out there trying to solve this
problem?
--
Ken Shoemaker, Intel, Santa Clara, Ca.
{pur-ee,hplabs,ucbvax!amd70,ogcvax!omsvax}!intelca!kds