running DMF32 in DMA mode under 4.2

stevens at hsi.UUCP stevens at hsi.UUCP
Mon Feb 27 22:39:31 AEST 1984

I defined the constant DMFDMA to enable DMA output from the DMF32
but there are two undefined variables in the dmfstart() routine
when the DMA mode is enabled.  This makes me think that the code
has never been "tested".  We used to run the 4.1 dmf driver in DMA
mode, as I recall.

Has anyone done this ? Is anyone out there running 4.2 with the DMF
in DMA mode ?  We have a 750 with 24 terminal lines on the DMF and our
system CPU % has been quite high lately, making me think that running
our terminals using DMA output might help.

	Richard Stevens
	Health Systems International, New Haven, CT
	{ decvax | hao | seismo | sdcsvax } ! kpno ! hsi ! stevens
                                             ihnp4 ! hsi ! stevens