Disgusting kernel hack

dhb at rayssd.UUCP dhb at rayssd.UUCP
Wed Feb 1 03:18:38 AEST 1984

I can't quite decide wether the suggestion that paging be moved to
the hardware was serious or not, but let me just note that this
has already been done!  I am typing this on a Z-29 terminal and
it has what Zenith calls "hold-screen mode".  When the terminal is
about to scroll off the 24'th line it sends a control-S to the
computer.  I can then press "SCROLL" to see one more line, or
shift-SCROLL to see another page.  The Z-19 has a similar capabilty
and I believe the VT-100 family has it too.
--
	Dave Brierley
	Raytheon Co.; Portsmouth RI; (401)-847-8000 x4073