4.2bsd config help needed

Dan Levin N6BZA djl at fisher.UUCP
Fri Feb 17 06:40:57 AEST 1984

We are running two *SUN* workstations, with 4.2bsd (beta) UNIX.
My problem is this.  Running essentially single user, the kernel
is grabbing 400k of my 1Mb. core for itself.  My claim is that
it will run fine with much less buffer space, given a single
user.  I could sure use another 100k of core available.

I know 4.2 is a memory hog, but can I get away with tuning the
system to use less memory in this particular case?
Please reply by mail, and thanks in advance.

--
			***dan

{ihnp4 | decvax | ucbvax}!allegra!fisher!djl
The misplaced (like,... which way to the beach?) Californian