RA81 won't work on VAX780 with 4.1bsd.

andre at micomvax.UUCP andre at micomvax.UUCP
Sat Feb 25 07:36:46 AEST 1984

I have been trying to get an ra81 disk to work on a VAX780 with 4.1bsd for
the last two weeks without any luck.  It seems that the problem is inherent
to the 780's.  I've used both the driver that came from the network (from
Perry at SUNY) and the 4.2 driver.  Neither one of them works.  I've traced
the problem to the initialization routine in the driver.  It starts the
initialization sequence for the UDA50 and then goes to sleep waiting for an
interrrupt from the controller.  The interrupt never occurs.  It seems like
the problem might be in the unibus driver rather than in the disk driver
itself.  This is all I know right now.  If any one on the net has any info
that might be helpfull, please let me know.

				Andre Scheunemann,
				... philabs!micomvax!andre