TCP/IP Communications

Marc Elvy elvy at harvard.UUCP
Thu Feb 2 05:20:06 AEST 1984

I am trying to connect an 11/780 (this machine) and an 11/750 together
using the Internet Protocol packages supplied with 4.2BSD.  At the present
time, however, our Local Area Network is not installed, so I would like
to connect the two Vaxes together via a port on a dz11 until the LAN
is installed.  I want to use IP because I want to spend a minimum amount
of time converting it to the LAN when it arrives.

Has anyone done this sort of thing before?  If so, what advice can you
offer; what steps need I take?  Eventually, there will be an LH11 and
an IMP connected also, and I want everything to be as consistent as
possible.

Thanks,
Marc

				     Marc A. Elvy
		    ({genrad,allegra,ihnp4,ima}!wjh12!harvard!elvy)
			     Aiken Computation Laboratory
				  Harvard University