DEC EDT (VT100-based editor) emulator for Unix?

Hamish Reid hamish at elecvax.OZ
Sat Jun 16 12:12:54 AEST 1984

(While I'm at it...)
Anyone out there know where I can get the source to a
DEC EDT emulator for a small (non sep. I/D) Unix L7 system?

(EDT is DEC's all purpose vt100 based screen editor - and is
small (in comparison to vi, which on our system is actually
larger than Unix, and only works courtesy of Xenix's 23fix...)
and fast, and, so our users tell me, easy to use).

Don't tell me to use vi - its *not* a workable prospect on an 11/23,
and besides, most users actually seem to pefer the way EDT works,
and find vi complex beyond belief.... and, of course, after *years* of
EDT on RSX, they want more of the same...

Hamish Reid				...decvax!mulga!elecvax!hamish
Dept. Science & Technology,		SUN: hamish:cadvax
Darlinghurst  2010
Sydney NSW				+61 2 269 8627
AUSTRALIA!!				(02) 269 8627