more tales of RA81s--handling of bad sectors

Chris Torek chris at umcp-cs.UUCP
Fri Nov 9 17:37:24 AEST 1984

A few comments:

- There are some versions of uda drivers that mistakenly print "hard
  error" for every error (but---I *think*---really "know" the difference)
  (but if you're getting "sorry, pid foo killed due to swap error" then
  that isn't it).

- We *seem* to have a copy of the ULTRIX RA81 driver (can't be positive),
  and our copy doesn't do bad block replacement.

- Someone has finally done a "complete" driver that *does* do bad block
  replacement; it's in beta test now, and it seems that it will be given
  away.  (If you want to ask plead for a beta test copy, I'll mail you
  the address.)
--
(This mind accidently left blank.)

In-Real-Life: Chris Torek, Univ of MD Comp Sci Dept (301) 454-7690
CSNet:	chris at umcp-cs		ARPA:	chris at maryland