Info on the MicroVAX & Ultrix-11 wanted

Frederick M. Avolio avolio at grendel.UUCP
Sun Nov 25 22:36:58 AEST 1984

> Does anyone have any information on DEC's microvax and Ultrix-11 (???) that
> its suppose to run?  I'm interested in what Ultrix-11 has in the way of
> compatibility.  Such as; does it support uucp?  how many multi-users?
> what version of Unix is it most like (4.2bsd?  v7?  etc..)? ...

I'll attempt (again -- in a non-official capacity...) to answer a few
of the questions raised perhaps someone else will fill in the rest.

First -- microVAX runs Ultrix-32m not Ultrix-11.  Ultrix-32m is a subset
(so it'd fit on the machine) of Ultrix-32.  So, this is based on 4.2BSD
with the proverbial enhancements.  I assume you know what is supported under
4.2BSD and so won't go into that.  I believe the word is it's a 4 user system
or so.

Ultrix-11 is the new release of V7M11.  V7 based.  Yes, UUCP is supported
and everything else under Version7.  Ultrix-11 is for the PDP family of
machines.
--
Fred Avolio, DEC -- U{LTR,N}IX Support
301/731-4100 x4227