Sendmail and the local network

David Barto barto at celerity.UUCP
Thu Nov 29 05:20:06 AEST 1984

I have a problem with the sendmail configuration files.  (Don't we all? :-)

I have a really nice set of configuration files and they work really well
for any mail posted on our main machine (celerity), as well for any mail
going to any uucp connected site from celerity.

The problem comes from the following:

	If any user sends mail from any machine on our local network,
	it will be correctly formed at that machine for the local
	destination machine.

	The problem:
		the first line at the recieving machine will change
		(or recieve changed) the "From " line to be
			"From barto <date>"
		instead of
			"From <original sender> <date>"

The change ONLY occurs if the sender and reciever are on differing
machines.  Same machine mail works just fine.
The "DlFrom $g  $d" is the same on ALL the machines, and I can see
the original sendmail correctly setting this line.

Any Ideas?  Give me a call...

I am really desperate.....
--
	barto (david barto)	Tele : (619) 271 9940
	uucp : {decvax || ucbvax || ihnp4}!sdcsvax!celerity!barto