Make compatible with source control

Charles LaBrec crl at pur-phy.UUCP
Mon Nov 5 03:53:13 AEST 1984

A number of people have requested that I either post diffs of the RCS-
modified make, or send it to them directly.  I cannot do either.  This
is why.

When I started working on make, I couldn't stand the style, so I re-indented
everything, and made it all 'lint'.  Therefore, almost every line has been
changed, and so 'diffs' are useless.

Second, 'make' is licensed software.  By the terms of our license, I cannot
disclose it to non-source license sites.  I suppose I could ask for copies
of licenses, but I don't have the time to verify them and make tapes.  I'm
a Ph.D. grad student in physics, and far too busy to deal with it.

USENIX is set up to do both license verification and tape copying, so I
decided to let them handle it.  You should either get in touch with them,
or find some other site that already has the tape and is willing and able
to give the software to you.

Perhaps someone on the net could give details of who to contact and how
much a USENIX tape costs.

Charles LaBrec
UUCP:		pur-ee!Physics:crl, purdue!Physics:crl
INTERNET:	crl @ pur-phy.UUCP