Does 4.2 dmf driver work?

root%bostonu.csnet at CSNET-RELAY.ARPA root%bostonu.csnet at CSNET-RELAY.ARPA
Thu Nov 1 15:47:06 AEST 1984

From:  God <root%bostonu.csnet at CSNET-RELAY.ARPA>

	It works here at B.U., we use both the dec DMF32 (750,730)
	and an able lookalike, no changes to std driver.

	Be careful with the flag bits, start a version with all
	flag bits on (0xffff in the config file), see if that
	works then re-gen with modem control as getting this
	wrong can make a board appear not to work.

	Also, MAKEDEV may make too many devices, should be harmless.
	(I think it makes them in groups of 16 rather than 8.)
	Obviously be careful about your /etc/ttys file,
	csr addresses etc.

	You don't say if it comes up on auto-config (at boot.)
	If it doesn't then either the board is dead, set up
	wrong [watch for colliding addresses] or your config file
	is wrong (these last two should be easy to eliminate.)

			-Barry Shein

	P.S. Also maybe check that the NPG jumper is out, the
	DD11 slot is alive. You could of course run the DEC
	diags on it, no? At least do an AUTOSIZER (see your
	hardware manual.)