VAX <-- very fast data link --> Data General: need help

Leon Schilmoeller leon at mmm.UUCP
Sun Nov 25 02:04:52 AEST 1984

> I have heard that DG is bringing out 4.2 "real soon now",
> like its in now in beta test and will be a product in January.
> It presumably will support tcp/ip.
> -------

Data General is supposed to have BDS 4.2 out in Feb 1985.  In addition
they have announced TCP/IP support across their product like, like
on AOS/VS.  TCP/IP on AOS/VS is supposed to be in BETA TEST yet this
month, or in DEC.  (I know, as we are working on paperwork now to
be a BETA site for TCP/IP on AOS/VS.  We have TCP/IP on BSD4.2, and
under VMS 3.7.  In addition I have to network to 5 DG MV8000 and
MV10000 class machines on a regular basis.  We plan to use the
TCP/IP for this.

Also, per you assumption, yes the BSD 4.2 on DG systems is supposed to
support tcp/ip.

	Leon Schilmoeller
	3M Company
	St. Paul, Mn