deceptive mail

Mike Parker mike at amdcad.UUCP
Thu Nov 15 13:26:23 AEST 1984

> > I tend to like my mail coming from whomever the person is currently, not who
> > they logged in as!
>
> It is even worse: if you are working at a terminal, somebody comes along
> and in order to show you something logs in recursively: (login x)
> then after his login process has finished your identity will be reported
> as x by programs like who and routines like getlogin().
> --
>       Andries Brouwer -- CWI, Amsterdam -- {philabs,decvax}!mcvax!aeb

Say What!

If someone comes up to your terminal and types "login name" you
will be logged out and he will be logged in. If his login process
"finishes" i.e. he logs out, the system will display a login
banner. YOU WILL BE GONE! I'd say whoever did this when you were
at a terminal walked away without logging off. Are you confusing
login with su???

Mike @ AMD