second UBA blues

sventek at LBL.ARPA sventek at LBL.ARPA
Fri Nov 2 15:45:37 AEST 1984

A hearty thanks to Rick Adams <rick at seismo> for pointing out my problem.  It
seems that our 4.2 system was attempting to access a variable using NUBA+1.
The fix is to declare that we have 4 uba's in the config file (as the
generic system does), knowing that it will only find 2 nexi associated with
an UBA.  System came up like a champ, and has given us no problems.

A minor gotcha for those considering embarking on the second UBA path and
which have hosts with more than one network interface.  If you plan on
spreading your network interfaces over the two UBA's, you MUST place the
interface whose address you want used for originated IP packets on UBA0.
This is independent of the order in which the devices are listed in the
configuration file.  As it stands now, most of our r* protocol use is
broken until I reboot with our Imp interface bound to UBA0.

                                  Joe Sventek <JSSventek at lbl.arpa>