UN*X on Prime computers?

Stephen Wolff steve at brl-tgr.arpa
Sun Nov 18 21:49:27 AEST 1984

Pr1me advertise UNIX V5 (R-unknown) on their machines from 2250 up.
I have not seen it work.  They boast that users can expect a "factor
of two or three" performance degradation using UNIX under PRIMOS.

It's a helluva marketing gimmick; you ought to hear it.

They do support X.25 and claim TCP/IP (haven't seen it either).  But
they will NOT have SMTP,FTP or TELNET "until the Mil Std is issued".

There exists at least one hack to get mail between MMDF & Primenets.