scaling and plot(3,5).

Gary@internet.UUCP (AMXBR-VLD-V) moss at Brl-Vld.ARPA
Tue Nov 27 04:38:15 AEST 1984

When I wrote my UNIX plot interpreter for a Megatek Whizzard 7250
here at BRL, we decided that the convention (consistent with your
your Interpretation (2)) was to scale evenly in x, y, and z (we
extended the plot(3X) library to include 3-D and color).  I believe
that this is also the way the Tektronix support provided with S5
behaves.

This allows the user to pass the true minimums and maximums of his
plot to the space() command without fear of uneven scaling and
seems the most useful and sensible approach.
__Moss__