RA81's hanging??

John T. Nelson jnelson at trwrba.UUCP
Fri Nov 2 06:07:18 AEST 1984

We have an 11/780 with an RA80 and RA60 hanging off of a single
UDA50.  We're running the vanilla driver from 4.2 and all  and all
I've been reasonably satisfied.... except for the occasional
system hang....

The console spits out an RA hard error and sometimes accompanied by
a DMF silo overflow.  The system doesn't crash, it just sort
of sits there and twiddles it's thumbs ignoring everything except
a ^P.

I wouldn't scrap your hardware... there are a number of drivers
floating around and I'm sure taht someone can give you a pointer
to a tested RA combo driver.

						- John