Why Doesn't Vnews Do 60 Lines?

Perry Kivolowitz perry at heurikon.UUCP
Wed Nov 14 16:15:39 AEST 1984

Having an Ann Arbor Ambassador I became interested in why vnews presents only
a maximum of 24 lines per screen.  Apparently, there is no good reason except
an oversight on the part of the authors. With only a few characters modified,
vnews now correctly grabs  the   number  of lines on the user's terminal from
his/her termcap entry and  changes  the  screen  format  to  suit. The file I
modified was virtterm.c (version 1.5).

If anyone is intersested in this fix  I can send it to net.sources but please
try to make the change yourself first as it is quite trivial.