C language interpreter

greenber at acf4.UUCP greenber at acf4.UUCP
Sat Nov 17 00:23:00 AEST 1984

<>

I just saw a 'C' interp. program, designed for the IBM PC, running
a hardwired library of Lattice at the New York Ametuer Computer Club.
The people that were describing it saw that they'll be getting out
of Beta Test (I'm a Beta Test Site soon----yeah!) in about two months,
and that they'll be selling the package for about $175 (US).

After sitting down to use it, I was VERY impressed.  It is decently
fast, is really a full implementation and is only lacking in a few
things:

	No linking of object libraries
	No bit fields (shucks, I use 'em every day :-))
	and a few arcane things, like no in-line assembler.

It takes up about 192K (!!) and we figured out how they did it so fast:
They have every C program ever written stored in the system through a
new compression technique. Then it is just a matter of grepping the
"program database"!!  :-)

I'll keep you posted as soon as I get my Beta Test Version.

Ross M. Greenberg  @ NYU   ---->  allegra!cmcl2!acf4!greenber  <----