problems bringing up DEC's V7M-11

Barry Lustig barry at muddcs.UUCP
Fri Oct 19 10:30:12 AEST 1984

I have been trying to help a friend bring up DEC's version of V7 (V7M-11)
on a pdp 11/24 with an ra80.  We haven't had any problems booting the
system.  The problems occurs when we try to go multi-user.  I hit ^D
in single-user and we seem to go to multi-user.  We even have gettys
showing up when I type `ps'.  The big problem is, none of the terminals
work.  I've tried different baud rates in the /etc/ttys file.  i've set
the vt100 we were using as a test terminal to every baud rate it had.
Has anyone out there had any experience with this system.

		Thanks for any help you can give me,

				barry

--
Barry Lustig
Harvey Mudd College

UUCP:    {ihnp4,allegra,seismo}!scgvaxd!muddcs!barry
ARPA:	 muddcs!barry at ucla-cs
PHONE:   At the moment --- (714) 621-8000 x8225