Request for laser printer informatio

John Woods john at x.UUCP
Tue Oct 30 08:03:44 AEST 1984

We also have the QMS Lasergrafix 1200, and in general it is quite
satisfactory.  We haven't had the problem of papers burning in half, but
it does misfeed fairly often.  It is also very sensitive to the internals
getting dirty, and we seem to need maintanence every 2 weeks or so.
The troff fonts work nicely for us, and if you aren't happy with how
it spools:  you've got the source code!  Change it!  (we had to to work
with our line printer software, and it was quite easy)

In general, it could be faster, it could be more rugged, but it produces
beautiful output often enough to keep us happy (for now).
--
John Woods, Charles River Data Systems, Framingham MA, (617) 626-1114
...!decvax!frog!john, ...!mit-eddie!jfw, jfw%mit-ccc at MIT-XX.ARPA