Berkeley 'dehancements'

bob at SU-SHASTA.ARPA bob at SU-SHASTA.ARPA
Mon Oct 1 09:42:13 AEST 1984

It is unfortunate that you, and others, completely missed my point.
I responded to someone's request 'for a csh to sh script translator so that he
could run csh scripts published on the net on his system which did not have
csh' by saying **systems** without csh are inferior to **systems** that do have
it. (This is a paraphrase of the original.)
My evidence is that a system with csh can run these scripts while those without
csh cannot.

I did not say that sh was inferior to csh. I find uses for each shell and would
not want to be without either.