RA81's hanging??

Eric Bergan eric at milo.UUCP
Thu Oct 25 00:16:52 AEST 1984

	After some initial trouble (about 4 months worth), we now seem
to have a fairly stable RA81 driver. It does seem to be slower than our
RP07, only explanation I can give (since the drive specs are similar) is
massbus vs unibus. But we have three 780s which each have between 2 and
four RA81s, and another 780 with a RP07, RA81, and RA60. The trick seems
to be getting a good driver, which works with your flavor of Unix (and no,
I still haven't seen my Sys V rel 2 driver I ordered from DEC).

	Another possible speed problem - does anyone know the definitive
m and n numbers for mkfs for a RA81 and a RA60?

--
					eric
					...!seismo!umcp-cs!aplvax!milo!eric