automatic renice in 4.1 bsd?

Mike Lutz mjl at ritcv.UUCP
Mon Oct 15 04:19:16 AEST 1984

The problem Guy Harris mentioned about an 'automatic' renice is indeed
in 4.1bsd.  We got bitten by this when some users of a spreadsheet
package would suddenly have their terminal locked up.  Since one of
them was the department head, we quickly located and fixed the kernel
clock routine code.

Note that the renicing fix is a temporary measure.  The next time the
process is running and the clock goes tick, down goes the priority
again.
--
Mike Lutz	Rochester Institute of Technology, Rochester NY
UUCP:		{allegra,seismo}!rochester!ritcv!mjl