More Q's about UDA50/RAxx driver

Chris Torek chris at umcp-cs.UUCP
Thu Oct 18 17:41:21 AEST 1984

As long as I'm asking questions . . . does anyone know why the uda50
driver is not integrated into the uba device drivers (that is, why it
avoids ubago and so forth)?  I know (think?) that the way it is now
means that I/O requests are serviced in a different order than they
would be if I/O were to go through ubago, and that the behaviour on
750s is different (uda.c allocates on BDP & set of map registers and
keeps using it until the controller is done doing transfers on all
drives).  Is there a good reason for all this?  It doesn't seem to be a
problem with up* type drives.
--
(This mind accidently left blank.)

In-Real-Life: Chris Torek, Univ of MD Comp Sci (301) 454-7690
CSNet:	chris at umcp-cs		ARPA:	chris at maryland