4.2 RFNM count problem

stanonik at nprdc.ARPA stanonik at nprdc.ARPA
Sat Oct 27 10:55:00 AEST 1984

(cu-arpa.bill at Cornell) provided the following fix which
we've installed.
	RCS file: RCS/if_imp.c,v
	retrieving revision 1.1
	diff -c -r1.1 if_imp.c
	*** /tmp/,RCSt1017941	Fri Oct 26 11:26:49 1984
	--- if_imp.c	Fri Sep 21 14:16:42 1984
	***************
	*** 293,298
		 */
		case IMPTYPE_RESET:
			impmsg(sc, "interface reset");
			impnoops(sc);
			goto drop;

	--- 293,299 -----
		 */
		case IMPTYPE_RESET:
			impmsg(sc, "interface reset");
	+ 		hostreset(sc->imp_if.if_net);
			impnoops(sc);
			goto drop;
He said their rfnm problems disappeared, and now apparently
so have ours.  Of course, disappearance of the problems isn't
quite the same as testing.  Hitting the ecu reset button would
probably be a good test, if I could think of a way of bumping
up the rfnm counts (short of adb'ing /dev/kmem).  I never did
get a response about when the imp's clear their counts, and I
couldn't find that information in bbn's 1822 report.

Ron Stanonik
stanonik at nprdc