# of inodes on a file system in 4.2?

Nancy Blachman nancy at resonex.UUCP
Mon Oct 8 07:09:48 AEST 1984

How  does one find out the number of inodes on a particular file system?
Is there a system utility for finding out the number of free and total
inodes on a file system in 4.2BSD or has anyone written such a program?

It would be nice if there was a program "di" which told the number of
inodes on each file system.

	    Nancy Blachman
{allegra,amd,hplabs,ihnp4,sun}!resonex!nancy
	Resonex,  Sunnyvale, CA
    	  (408)720 8600 x37

PS The reason I would like to know is that we ran out of inodes on
/usr/spool (because of usenet) and we would like to increase the
number of inodes.  I first need to find out the number so I can
determine by what amount to increase it.