Q: lseek returns long or int? (BSD 4

brad at bradley.UUCP brad at bradley.UUCP
Tue Oct 9 00:27:00 AEST 1984

>/**** bradley:net.unix-wizar / utzoo!henry /  6:25 pm  Oct  4, 1984 ****/
>>     >>This is yet another piece of gratuitous brain-damage brought to you by
>>     >>the morons at Berkeley...
>>
>>So tell me, which version of UNIX are you using now?
>
>Thank you for asking that, you've made my day.  I'm using the last true
>UNIX ever released:  V7.  Not a Berklix mislabeled "UNIX Version 7",
>mind you, but a real, honest Bell V7.  Since nobody has yet found the
>cash to buy us something better, utzoo is an 11/44.  I'm quite aware that
>this has its bad points -- 16-bit address spaces are no fun any more --
>but it does mean that I can run true UNIX.  I don't know what I'd do if
>they suddenly gave us a VAX... maybe go wail on Research's doorstep until
>they slip me a V8 tape just to get rid of me... :-))))
>--
I also ran at one time 'Honest Bell V7', but am now running 2.9BSD, and find
that on my 11/44 it runs at least 50% faster, and all my 'Honest Bell V7'
programs run plus I have all the stuff from 2.9, like overlays, job control.
:-)

	"2.9 * 50% > 7"
				Bradley Smith
				Text Processing/Bradley University